Thursday, August 5, 2010

SWITZERLAND

Today, August 5th, its a very significant day for me personally because it's the day my daughter was born,  37 years ago in Zurich Switzerland, when I was married to Felix Leyer. I imagine I may have grandchildren by now if Faye had lived. She lives on, in my heart now - never forgotton.
My book about Switzerland is a collection of narratives about my life there and the observations I made. I lived there for 15 years and as a teenage English girl coming to a new country and immersed in a young marriage, it took a few years to become accustomed to a different culture, which I did and Switzerland  became my home until a set of circumstances prompted a move to America.  I love Switzerland and my Swiss friends and I am overjoyed when I have the chance to spend time there walking around Zurich and visiting all the places that represented home for all those years and seeing some very dear friends again.

here is the link to my Swiss book: www.lulu.com/content/2828036




This is one of the chocolate shops in the Rennweg in Zurich - yummy!


This is my beautiful  daughter: Faye Claudia, Jennifer Leyer


5 comments:

Cathy said...

Happy birthday to your daughter's memory and the love you hold for her in your heart. Faye Claudia was a beautiful baby.

Carole said...

Dear Charmiene, I think about you often & remember the time we shared recently. I know this is a difficult day for you but feel sure you also have happy memories to sustain you.
Love, Carole.x

Carole said...

I have been thinking about you so much recently. I know this has been hard for you, but healing comes in time. For some it takes longer than others. May you find true peace in your life.

Charmiene's Books said...

Thankyou dear Cathy, I just now figured out how to look at my comments

Charmiene's Books said...

Thankyou Carole, yes we had a lovely time in London!